Waited much of yesterday for a call on the truck... that didn't come... Last word we had, Tuesday, was that the "diagnosis" was better than I'd expected... though still nigh on to a four digit repair bill... Which is a significant better thing than solidly into that Four Digit range! :o)
So... bein' the patient and well mannered grouch I am... I didn't call them! Hell, they'd got the truck in Tuesday, to diagnose things... after they'd told me that they'd not even be able to Look at it till Thursday... so... seemed the proper thing to me to show my appreciation by just bein' quiet and patient...
Now... anybody who knows me... knows what a torturous thing it is... to remain silent... for days!!!!
The upside is... I've been able to get a few camps added to the new list... and work on a few other things... like hauling propane and gasoline... and groceries... one trip each :o) ... never know when one of these high desert spring storms can turn off to be a real nasty few days... and, good as that Raider is... I don't think wading through snow and mud is very high on its list of abilities... and any more... it don't polish my whistle neither. :)
The weather fellas are saying the latest storm is due in this afternoon... and should continue on through Saturday... so... truth be known... even if they get the thing fixed today... I'll likely have to wait till Monday morning to make the hundred mile run to Richfield to pick it up... it looks like a minimum of four more truckless days in this camp...
That oughta give me time to dig up the info for a few more camps for the new campsites list huh? :)
... and give me time to get my latest "Western Hero" out of his Latest difficulty? Nigh on to 40,000 words are strung together in "Because We Are in Montana" now... and I'm still feelin' like it's a story that beats "A Matter of Honor"... so...
RING! RING! RING!
Uh Oh... wouldn't you know it... typing those last words... and the phone rings... The truck is ready and done... and the weather's not due in for several more hours... with a two hour run upcountry... so... I'm gone!
Splittin' the Wind to Beat the Storm
Return to the main site of goin' RV Boondocking or Visit my Sister website Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road